Wednesday, August 22, 2012

LIFE INSURANCE IS A GIFT

Well, I can't ever seem to motivate myself to participate in a triathlon, or a marathon, or even a walkathon, but I can do a blogathon, lots of people are participating and helping make life insurance sweep the blogging world today!
http://www.goodfinancialcents.com/life-insurance-movement/#more-24037

 I am passionate about what we're talking about today! 
Protecting the ones you love by getting LIFE INSURANCE!!

It was September 16th, 2008.
The morning after Preston was swept into eternity. Not just 8 hours ago he was beside me. Now he was forever gone, and I could hardly keep up with all that was happening.
My heart was shattered. Close friends and family were flooding the hotel we were at. I was thankful, and I was overwhelmed. Someone mentioned funeral plans, of course, of course that's the next step, but oh what a sad step.
We made some calls, my fragile heart aching the whole time.
Then I stood back, and gazed across the hotel lobby, I saw friends working on the computer making arrangements. I saw others playing with my son Jacob.  And still more people, strangers, moving on with their life, no idea mine was just ripped apart.
And then it hit me.
I. Have. Life Insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I took a big breath of relief, some relief in this painful moment was priceless. I pulled a friend aside. "we had a life insurance policy! I just remembered" She rejoiced with me. I think it brought relief and joy to everyone.
A young mother, 20 something. One young child, another on the way. And a dream that Preston and I had, to stay home with our babies should anything happen to one of us.
A dream that could now become a reality. When so much was crashing down around us we had a safety net. It didn't make anything ok, or take away even an ounce of pain but it was a gift that would be felt for years to come.

Life insurance has not just been a policy, it has been a gift! A gift from Preston, his last gift to us. And what a gift it was!! To not have the stress of finances is well, priceless.
While it has been an emotionally rough and painfuljourney, I am so thankful for the impact and freedom life insurance has broughtto my boys and I.  As a parent you wantdesperately to give them a beautiful life.  I know I cannot control everything, but it’s a blessing tobe able to establish things like education funds, paying for swimming andsoccer lessons, preschool, trips to see grandparents who are far away, maintaininga reliable car, and providing a home they can call their own and even startinga savings account for my retirement. 


A life insurance policy is worth every penny. And honestly, those pennies aren't much. For us it means giving up a dinner out each month, and really that isnt' so bad when you can have family pizza, movie night at home and make some wonderful memories together! 

I know you don't think it will ever happen to you. But it will. Have you heard this one undeniable fact? 10 out of 10 of us will indeed die! I know, shocking. So your family WILL USE your policy. You may not use it to raise your family if you pass away when you are older but think about the gift it will still be at any age for your kids.  Did you know that funerals cost up to $10,000?
Do you feel my passion? do you see how vital this choice is?

As you make your final conclusions on whether life insurance is right for you, imagine this, what would your family's life look like without Life Insurance should you pass away? Really, stop and imagine.

Here’s some great resources to help YOU CHOOSE life insurance. Because i know, you're gonna do it, today:) Don't put it off another minute, insure your family and sleep well knowing you are protecting the ones you love! 


PRIZE ALERT! You can also win some AWESOME Prizes just by mentioning life insurance through a number of ways online TODAY, August 22, 2012! Click here! 

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tara, it was because of your blog that we invested in life insurance!!

~Erin
www.polarscotia.wordpress.com

Jeff Rose said...

Tara,

Thank your sharing your story and taking part in the #LifeAWARE movement. It was very touching and reinforcement of why I did this today.

Thank you.

glenda said...

Love your blog! My mom was big on life insurance and instilled that in every one of us, so thankfully we've always had life insurance, because you just never know. My dad passed when I was 13 and thankfully that helped my mom so much. Being able to stay home with myself and my younger sister.

Thank you for sharing your story, your boys and your new chapter. Wishing you all only the best! Much love to all of you!ofenlyi No 14

Elnora Cowger said...

I was touched by your story, Tara. As for the topic, it’s important to have life insurance as soon as your 25 years old. It’s true that all of us will die, and sadly, we don’t know when this’ll happen. Our life insurance should be adjusted according to how we live our lives presently. Life insurance is a very wise investment, so you must not take it for granted.

Hershel Duffey said...

I agree with you, Elnora. Life insurance can help you fund certain financial goals. It can help in funding college education, purchasing a home, or raising a capital for your business. Also, it can help in paying and settling an individual’s remaining taxes and debt.

Hershel Duffey

Barry Bates said...

It is really sad that it had to be like that. I mean, who would ever want to lose someone right at the point when you are trying to start your life with him? But he really loved you guys so much because he had thought of the fact that he didn’t want you to suffer through financial problems if ever he passes away.

Fe Penley said...

That left me speechless. This is quite a heartfelt post. I'm sure you really missed him, and at the same time, you’re thankful for what he had built you and your family. The things that you posted here will surely help those who are in doubt of having their own insurance. This is a great post, Tara!

@ Glenda, I'm sure that you are enjoying the benefits of having life insurance. It's cool when your parents constantly remind you of the importance of some things, right? :)

Regards,
Fe

Online life insurance said...

Life Insurance is one of the most important insurance a person should have.. especially if you have a family you must take care of...

Life insurance comparison quotes said...

Actually i was looking for this type of information over the internet and finally got here. Thanks for giving these helpful tips..

Life insurance comparison quotes

Maylene Vidler said...

One thing that I like about the Internet, it is that you can find more useful information. there are amazing information like that this one. Auto Insurance with International Driver License

Compare Life Insurance Plan said...

Really your story is speechless. Life insurance plan is important for the person as it caters monetary support for the family members of the deceased person.

Private Medical Insurance said...

Great resource! Thanks for sharing, I found it valuable.

Saimon Leo Watson said...

I'm sure coming again to construe these articles and blogs
life insurance quotes online

Simon Martin said...

I'm sure that the insurance quotes in Edmonton are getting to a better level. I helped spread the work to get insurance, and I'm sure the flux of people getting it has mad them go lower. Thank you!

Simon Martin said...

Great story! I've now realized that I need to get a good insurance in Ottawa for my whole family. Just for those just in case situations. Thanks and keep up the great work!

herry taillor said...

I wonder why other professionals don’t notice your website much m glad I found this.
online life insurance

john Allic said...

Thanks for sharing a useful post. Private Equity Australia

wandy jack said...

I guess this info is totally unique.
whole life insurance quotes online

Prashant Kumar said...

Thanks for the useful post. Life Insurance in indeed a very helpful tool to overcome uncertainties.

Policy Online

Jimmy Smith said...

You did a great job in this post, thanks for it.

regards
Commercial Auto Insurance Dallas

Aaron Grey said...

Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider a shout out to my website on your next post, I’ll return the favor. Please email me back. Thanks!

Aaron Grey
aarongrey112 at gmail.com

Insurance blog

Brett.pl said...

Great posting above here.I am found it valuable.Thanks for sharing this informative post along with us.
PPLIC

Financial Advisors said...

The key to buying the right amount of life insurance is to have enough to meet your needs. Imperative that you do not have too little coverage as it would be difficult to buy if you are sick. A healthy person will get better rates on life insurance.

Angela Lee said...

What a nice, simple and helpful blog about life insurance. Whole life insurance Canada.

Sheldon Bland said...

Nice information about Insurance. Thanks I have Bookmark this link please share some more information on Insurance.

Life Insurance Agency

Charles Angles said...

I would be supportive on all of your articles and blogs because they are just upto the mark. life insurance quotes

graham goch said...

Hello friends, nice post and nice urging commented at this place, I am after all enjoying by these.life insurance comparison

Julie Johnson said...

The information in this blog is extremely useful for the people. insurance whole life

Andrew smith said...

Like this post!very effective post about life insurance, thanks for sharing this story, Life insurance is really a gift, get insurance quotes online from Stillwater insurance

Carlos Bryson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carlos Bryson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carlos Bryson said...

i just got insured by www.insurancehero.org.uk/. I feel so good that my family is procted against financial crises.

Christopher C. Bradford said...

Many people in existence want to obtain term life insurance; nonetheless, this may not be feasible due to a few elements. Of such, a few will not have insurance simply because just will not figure out how to get it. Others nonetheless, can not have the money correctly. Inside other sorts of circumstances, you will find folks who don't know what exactly insurance is in fact, and in addition they must always be intelligent concerning insurance. see this page

How to Join LIC as Agent said...

I Want to Join LIC as a agent. how to join lic as agent, you can just require 12th pass and 18 years completed. Any Query call us- 7428189423 or visit our website http://www.licagentdelhi.net

How to Become LIC Agent in Delhi said...

How to Become LIC Agent in Delhi? How to Join LIC as an Agent call us: 9953122754 for more detail visit our website http://www.becomelicagentdelhi.in

How to Join LIC as Agent said...

I Want to Join LIC as a agent. how to join lic as agent, you can just require 12th pass and 18 years completed. Any Query call us- 7428189423 or visit our website http://www.licagentdelhi.net

I Want to Join LIC said...

I want to join lic as a agent. How to Join LIC as Agent, you can just require 12th pass and 18 years completed. Any Query visit our website http://www.licagentdelhi.net

How to Become LIC Agent in Delhi said...

How to Become LIC Agent in Delhi? How to Join LIC as an Agent call us: 9953122754 for more detail visit our website
http://www.becomelicagentdelhi.in