Monday, January 29, 2007

The ocean

The Ocean. Wow. It never ceases to leave me entirely speechless.
This weekend I went on a woman's retreat with our church to the coast. It was so incredible. We stayed in a place right on the waters edge. It was a time of learning more about our Lord and worshiping Him, getting to know other girls from the church and having a great time, lots of laughter and little sleep!
I couldn't keep my eyes off the ocean, something about it. It's powerful, it seems to diminish all your worries, and your fears and the feeling that replaces those is peace. I think this means more to me because the ocean reminds me of God. When I look to God all those meaningless worries and fears are washed away and replaced with peace and I realize how silly those feelings were in the beginning. The ocean reminds me of God's holiness - perfect love and righteousness. How awesome is it that I have a relationship with this God, the one who created the ocean and that gorgeous sunset? I talk to Him every day! He is my rock and I find my strength and my joy in Him. He is my King and He is my love, He is Jesus, he changed my life, let him change yours.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tara!
what an awesome encouragement this post is for me tonight...
so thrilled to hear your devotion to God...inspires me to vision a future where Jillian & Grace grow into strong women of the faith, just like u :)
*Renaxox

ashleyalvina said...

hey hun,
how are you? you seem relaxed :) When is your baby due? It must be soon hey? Unless he is born already...hmm... :) Anyways, update when you can love.

love Ashley

sheilagh mcnab said...

Mandi gave me the site for your new little treasure....he is so beautiful!!! I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS to you both, and that I think you're going to make wonderful parents!!