Be REAL

I just put Jake to bed tonight and almost every night after we put him to bed Prest and I have like 30 minutes of down time where we just veg. It is so nice, unless you go over 30 minutes..then you start to feel like a lazy bum. Anyway, I was reading my friends blogs on my link list, I love blogging so I can see the ins and outs and randomness of your lives. And it made me realized just how incredibly blessed I am. I am a very relational person. I absolutely love building relationships and really feel passionate that so many things would work better if we all had better relationships with one another. Although I know there is so much more to that statement than just having good relationships. I just HATE pride and selfishness, they make life more complicated than it needs to be. God has always placed wonderful friends in my life. And I treasure them so much. Like Ryan, when I was reading your blog I was thinking how I miss you! And I had a random memory of when we went ginseng tarp jumping.... We sure had alot of fun moments back in the day and I treasure them. Time goes by SO fast and I never want to take these precious moments with friends or family for granted. As I get older it seems that when you meet new people it's like they're harder to get to know, more closed off, compared to when you were trying to get to know people in say, college. I am an open book and if you know me you know that well, maybe too open. I think I have to realize that not everyone is so open and honest about their "stuff" and that's ok, it's not wrong, just different. My theory is that when you are real with others you can learn so much and have the opportunity to build others up and encourage them! It's like those friends who you build a great friendship with and then when you go your separate ways and come back together it's like no time has passed at all, that is beautiful. Maybe ppl are afraid to get hurt, and that's very real. But maybe it's like that saying it's better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all. hmmmm... stuff to think about anyway!


This is me (on the right) and my very first friend Pete! I think I pushed that relationship a little too much! ha!

Comments

Cardinal's Cove said…
I'm pretty sure I don't ever remember us jumping on ginseng tarps. Because that would be like .. irresponsible and dangerous. ;) Ya .. it never happened! .. lol .. oh man, we were so sneaky about it too and paranoid. :) good times. It seems like another life.

It makes my heart glad to know things are going so well for you guys!

Grace and Peace Tara and Preston,

Ryan

Popular Posts