HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!

Well it is my country's birthday today! Happy Birthday Canada! Too bad I'm not there to celebrate, but I sang the national anthem off our deck today......kidding. This year living in the states I have come across a ton of Americans who think Canada is incredible and really want to move there... I think they just hate Bush, but it really is a great country. So I thought I would help my American friends clear up any misconceptions they have about the most amazing country in the world and its citizens. This was originally from a Molson Canadian commercial and Im sure its way funnier to Canadians...

I AM CANADIAN


I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader

And I don’t live in an igloo

Or eat blubber or own a dog sled

And I don’t know Jimmy,

Sally or Suzy from Canada, although

I’m certain they’re really, really nice.

I have a Prime Minister, not a President

I speak English and French, not American

And I pronounce it “about,” not “aboot.”

I can proudly sew my country’s flag

on my backpack.

I believe in peacekeeping, not policing

Diversity, not assimilation

And that the beaver is

a truly proud and noble animal.

A toque is a hat

A chesterfield is a couch

And it is pronounced zed, not zee, ZED!

Canada is the second largest landmass

The first nation of hockey

And the best part of North America.

My name isTara

And I AM CANADIAN!

Here is the commercial,

And another one...

Comments

Popular Posts